This guitar is based on plans I purchased from Guitar Plans Unlimited. It is a semi-hollow maple/alder bolt-on with a maple/maple neck and telecaster pickups.
Gluing and surfacing the blank
Cutting out the body and routing to shape
Chambering and routing the wiring channels
Joining the top
Gluing the top on
Installing the pickup standoffs
The first time I finished this guitar, I used Sherwin Williams conversion varnish over tinted shellac. This was a mistake -- the shellac was much more flexible than the CV, which let to cracking. Still, it looked great at first.
A year later I had to strip the original finish off due to severe cracking.
I refinished it in nitrocellulose lacquer, which is much easier to apply than conversion varnish.
The neck came off a Line 6 Variax guitar. I replaced the fretboard, added a decorative headstock plate, and slightly reshaped the profile.
Recarving and side dots
Tuner holes drilled
Finally, it's done.