This page is a catch-all for guitar projects aren't complex enough to warrant their own pages.
The was one of my earliest luthery-related projects. In technical terms, the project was a great success -- I started with a decent fretted bass and ended up with a fantastic fretless. Unfortunately, I discovered I didn't really like playing fretless. I added a Musicman-style pickup, but it wasn't enough to keep my interest, and I eventually sold it.
My first attempt at refinishing a guitar was not a great success. It looked ok from a few feet away, but the flaws were readily apparent to anyone that took more than a cursory glance. I learned one of my most enduring woodworking lessons from this project: finishing is hard! I eventually re-refinished this guitar and gave it to a friend.
After I saw Les Claypool's instrument of the same name, I just had to have my own. Only took a few hours to put it together from a piece of aluminum tubing and parts I had laying around the shop.